The part of a product that attracts our attention when we go to market to buy anything is the colorful, vivid and informative labels placed on them. Labels form the most prominent and noticeable part of the products. They also act as an effective instrument to allure the buyers towards the product. The labels convey information about the product and helps to establish the familiarity of a particular product among the consumers.
Labels are an essential component of products that are put on the market for sale and these labels also contain barcodes. A well-designed label enhances the saleability of a product to a greater extent by making it stand apart from the other products that lack such labels. This fact is enough to lay emphasis on the importance of the label printing, which has its own significance. Labels are an integral part of the identity of a brand, so it must be attractive yet elegant and sophisticated enough to compel the customers buy the product. One of the most important functions of labels is to convince the buyers as to why they should purchase the particular product. Hence, it constitutes an important part of advertising strategies. It also helps to cement the brand popularity among the masses.
As the label also contains the logo of a brand, so it must be unique and individualistic. If you are an owner of a production house, then you must give considerable thought to how to choose the most suitable design for your label which is going to be the face of your company at the market. Given below are some suggestions for labeling different kinds of products:
Labeling of food stuff:
Consider the following points before labeling food:
1. Try to make them informative, so that your customers get a comprehensive idea of the product that you are marketing.
2. Put the manufacturing and expiry date carefully.
3. Try to go for a label that endows your product with a unique identity, prestige and distinction.
4. Make the label heat and moisture resistant.
5. Always try to emphasize what benefit will accrue to them if they use your product.
The packing will also help you to create a strong impact on your customers.
Labeling of bottles:
Bottles containing liquids, whether that is milk or liquor, requires proper labeling. While for labeling milk bottles it is mandatory to mention the expiry date, for a bottle containing liquor, it is necessary to pinpoint the nature, type and flavor of the liquor. You can also give additional information about its region of origin. You can opt for beautiful and pictorial design, but there are some extra informations provided here:
1. You can opt for a laminated label to make it heat and moisture resistant.
2. Always go for a label which has strong paste, so that it lasts longer on your product.
3. If you are planning to have custom made labels, then it will involve die cutting in which you will be offered a wide array of choices. It is up to you to pick the one that serves your purpose best.
Labeling of cosmetics:
Have you ever wondered what elements are contained in the cosmetics you wear? You can get a good idea about it from the labels of your cosmetics. There are certain things that you must include in the labels of cosmetics:
1. The manufacturing and the expiry date
2. The type of skin it is made for.
3. If it contains any element that might cause you skin irritation
4. The net weight of the cosmetic
5. If it comes with any additional offer
6. Finally cast a glance at its price and compare it with other products that are available.
All these simple points will help you create an effective label for your product. It is basically a small piece of paper that can provide you with all the relevant information about a product. While making the labels, keep the aforementioned tips in mind to manufacture the kind of labels that will serve to satisfy the need of your customers.