When someone, in a position of leadership, and public trust, claims, he trusts his instincts, and mind, more than, any experts, because he is, a stable genius, it generally, doesn’t bring – about, the proactive, well – considered, strategic, and action plans, which would be most beneficial! It has become, even more apparent, during this horrific pandemic, because Trump’s apparent, disdain, for science, and data, has created, what might, kindly, be referred to, as an erratic approach, to containing it, and flattening – the – curve! The reality is, understanding, and taking advantage of the science, and public health experts advice, and making well – informed decisions, based on properly accumulating, the data, is important, essential, and does, MATTER! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and represents, and why it matters.
1. Make mark; motivate; metrics; motives; masks: If one wants, to make a difference, for the better, he must attempt to make his mark, for the better! Instead of trying, to motivate his core supporters, by telling them, what they want to hear, we need leaders, who, effectively use metrics, science, and data, to make things better! A wise leader would wear a mask, to inspire his followers, to do so, since, nearly all experts, state, it is one of the most effective ways, to reduce the spread of the infection!
2. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate; actions: We need leaders, to proceed, consistently, with a positive, can – do, attitude, but, without, rose – colored, glasses! He must be ready, willing, and able to develop the aptitude, and relevant, skill – set, which, will enhance, his ability to pay keen attention, to the priorities, and necessities! Instead of articulating a politically – oriented, statement, he must move his country, forward, and perceive and conceive of, create, and implement, the necessary actions, to reduce risks, etc.
3. Time – tested; trends: Having a firm grasp, and understanding, time – tested, principles, reasoning, and ramifications, while being able to balance that, with evaluating, effectively, potential trends, on a risk/ reward, basis, differentiates quality leaders, from mere, politicians!
4. Timing; testing/ tracing: When President Trump, minimized the effectiveness, and importance, of quality testing, and the ability to do, meaningful, tracing, it created a public health risk! His timing could not have been, much more dangerous, to the public’s health, and well – being!
5. Empathy; emphasis; examine; example; excellence: Who would confuse this President, with someone, who possesses genuine empathy? How can one determine, where to place his emphasis, if he won’t carefully, consider, and examine, the details, in – depth? When Trump refused to wear a mask, and, to this day, continues making statements, which, appear, opposed to wearing them, what kind of example does that set for his core supporters? Instead of seeking and demanding, his utmost, personal excellence, doesn’t he seem, willing, to accept, good – enough?
6. Relevant; responsible; responsive; reliable; resolve; resolution: Major challenges, such as this horrific pandemic, requires relevant, responsible behaviors, and actions! He must produce responsive, reliable, solutions, based on science, and data, instead of speculation, or one’s, gut – instincts! A leader’s actions, and resolution to pressing issues, indicates, his preparation, and ability, to handle the position!
Michael Bloomberg, one of the most successful people, on the planet, believes, In God We Trust. All others need data! Doesn’t that make sense?